Keep skin healthy and glowing this winter
Harsh cold temperatures and wind cause many skin issues from flakey, itchy skin to inflammation and breakouts. These are ways to keep skin healthy and glowing during this unusually cold winter in SC.
1. Avoid long, hot showers. While it feels good momentarily, you will suffer from dry, itchy skin all day! Remember to drink water and use of a humidifier while sleeping offsets dehydration caused by indoor heating.
*Do use a moisturizing cleanser such as Eminence’s Firm Skin or Monoi Exfoliating Cleanser.
2. AM Routine: Lightly cleanse and apply a serum before your moisturizer to increase hydration.
*Recommendations: Eminence’s Marine Flowers Peptide Serum or Firm Skin Serum. Follow the serum with Coconut Age Corrective Moisturizer or Firm Skin.
3. PM Routine: Your skin repairs itself while you are sleeping so it is very important to prepare the skin for this function with the proper masque, serum and moisturizer.
Patti Durkin’s evening routine:
1. Firm Skin Cleanser mixed with Strawberry Rhubarb Exfoliant to remove Iredale Mineral Makeup, impurities and polish the skin.
2. Citrus and Kale Masque or Blueberry Soy, depending or whether there has been exposure to the sun or skin needs extra hydration. Twice per week.
3. Marine Flowers Peptide Serum or Rosehip Triple C &E Firming Oil Serum followed by Marine Flowers Peptide Eye Cream.
4. Bright Skin Overnight Moisturizer seals moisture in while brightening the complexion. Skin is restored overnight.
For a customized skin care routine for your skin type, book a facial to find out which Eminence Organic skin care products are optimal for you! You can have healthy, glowing skin year round.